Contributed by Ellen Knight
- Pray Matthew 22:37-40 to help us remember that loving God means loving neighbor and that loving neighbor means loving God.
- Pray for imagination, that we may fathom a world where all races are seen as reflections of the complex and beautiful face of God.
- Pray for courage that we may become leaders who show the world the kin-dom of God.
- Pray for sensitivity that we may understand the wide spectrum of struggles that our brothers and sisters in all areas of the world face due to race or cultural origins.
- Pray for understanding of the ways in which race, poverty, imprisonment, and oppression have become intertwined in this and many other countries.
Ellen Knight is a writer and seminarian who lives in Florence, SC. She is a former teacher who now works with area nonprofits and ministries to address issues of poverty and housing in her community.